Having had a great couple of years, momentum is growing its team again. We are looking for a front-end developer to support existing client work and to also work on upcoming new projects. You will work closely with our designer to create delightful experiences backed by strong markup. You will also be in constant contact with our developer. The position is perfect for someone with a strong understanding of how things work as you will be establishing standards and practices for all of our front-end work. If you have had experience with a growing business, this position is for you.
It goes without saying that you will need good interpersonal skills, be interested in anything/everything web and have a real attention to detail. We are all about quality and so are our clients.
The ideal person:
- ▸ Writes HTML and CSS templates from scratch (HTML5 CSS3 please)
- ▸ Has experience/understanding of responsive design & mobile development
- ▸ Has a strong understanding and appreciation for design and UX (you don't have to be a designer though)
- ▸ Uses photoshop/fireworks daily
- ▸ Knows of browser eccentricity between IE6 - IE9 (Yeah, IE6 sometimes...) and Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- ▸ Has a basic understanding of SEO
Nice to have:
- ▸ Knowledge of server side programming (PHP, Ruby)
- ▸ Knowledge of Less/Sass
- ▸ Knowledge of Wordpress, Expression Engine
We're all about people. If you join our team, you'll be working with fun, passionate people who have a real desire to do things well. You will be given the opportunity to attend conferences, take courses and develop personal skills too.
You will work from our beautiful studio in the heart of Colchester and as we love apple products, you will probably be getting a macbook pro or a shiny new iMac with all the software you need to do your job properly.
Lastly, we know that work doesn't always happen at work so you will have the opportunity to manage your workload as you see fit. What matters for us and our clients, is the result.
So that we're clear, we're not after a 'guru' or some 'ninja' type of person. We want someone who believes that good work does make a difference and of course, you will have a real love for your craft. Your work will be client facing and you will be an important part of the team. We are all about quality work and great relationships with our clients.